Courses Currently Running:
Employability Fund Stage 2: Offers training in personal development and employability skills plus SQA qualifications. Will include a work placement and/or community project. Open to all ages.
Let’s Grow : New project in partnership with the David Livingstone Birthplace in Blantyre and Castlebank Park in Lanark offering horticultural/environmental work placements plus support with wellbeing, life skills and employability and the chance to gain additional qualifications. Open to 16 – 25-year-olds.
New Horizons: Level 1 course to support you to develop a range of useful skills and qualifications to get you started on your journey towards the world of work.
Moving On 2: Personal development / Pre-employability programme for 18-24-year-olds in Clydesdale. Intensive support and the opportunity to gain industry qualifications.
Contact us to find out more information and keep an eye out for further updates and other courses currently in development.
Who Are We?
Skills Exchange SCIO is an employment and education charity, taking action to transform lives throughout South Lanarkshire.
We have centres in East Kilbride and Lanark.
What Do We Do?
Our mission is to help young people in South Lanarkshire on their journey towards the world of work by providing advice, guidance, training, qualifications and support.
We believe that everyone deserves the chance to live a good life and realise their potential. We want to help alleviate poverty and provide opportunities for the local community. We can empower you with the skills and self-belief you need to enter the world of work.
Don’t just take our word for it, see what people have to say!
How We Can Help You
In our first year as a charity, we supported 160 South Lanarkshire residents across a variety of training programmes and delivered employability qualifications to 60 young people in local high schools. We tailor all our programmes for different needs and circumstances.
Do You Work in a School?
- We work with young people from S3 upwards
- We understand that not one size fits all, and the school system does not suit all young people
- Our training & employment tutors work closely with young people to prepare them for leaving school and understanding what opportunities are available
- We have differently structured programmes covering initial engagement, life skills, personal development and employability and can tailor our programmes to different requirements
Are You aged between 16-17 ?
- We run programmes designed for young people to support them with the transition from school to the world of work
- Learn in a nurturing environment and be supported and guided every step of the way.
- Learn life skills, develop your confidence and gain employability skills.
- Most of our programmes include work placements to build your skills and practical experience
Are you aged 18+
- We run programmes for 18+ through the Employability Fund which link directly with local employers e.g Dawnfresh Seafoods Ltd
- We have a pre-employability / personal development programme in Lanark for 18 – 24 yrs
- Many of our other programmes are open to 18+. Please check the information for each one.
- We Are Opening Soon!
- Armed Forces Week 2020
- We Are Recruiting for A Community Gardener
- Exciting new outdoor employability programme – Let’s Grow!
- MCR Pathways Article
Assembling All Community Hero’s
Skills Exchange works in partnership with various employers throughout South Lanarkshire. These employers are invaluable and provide a great service by allowing our participants to gain practical work experience. If you would like to invest in one of our young people, get in touch today!