The charitable purposes of Skills Exchange SCIO are :
1. To advance education by assisting individuals who through their social, personal or economic circumstances are in need of and unable to gain employment; by providing them with worthwhile and realistic advice, support, training and work experience to develop their skills and ability to find and sustain work and earn a living; to develop their life and social skills with a view to becoming responsible citizens; to help them achieve their full potential.
2. To provide relief to those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantages by the provision of support, advice, training and skills development, especially such skills as will assist with obtaining paid employment.
Our Aims are :
- To expand horizons
- To realise potential
- To develop self-worth
- To support people in a nurturing and caring environment
- To encourage and empower young people
- To provide individualised support and needs-led provision